The End of the Year is here! Somehow, with reading challenges that statement has two different meanings to me; happiness, and panic. On one hand, I am really excited for Christmas and stocking up on new books, and on the other I am rushing to finish up my Goodreads Challenge. This month’s TBR sort of shows the happiness and panic with books I’m trying to finish up, and new books that I’ve been dying to read this year. What are some of the books you plan of reading this month to finish up 2018?
December TBR: goal is 3-4 books
- The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon
- My current read, I struggled to sit down and read at the end of the month, so now I’m pushing myself to finish this one and reach my unofficial goal of 60 books for the year.
- Song Rising by Samantha Shannon
- The next book in the Bone Season series!
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C Dao
- I kept hearing about this book, and I can no longer ignore all the great praise, so hopefully I get to read it before the end of the year.
- Star Touched Stories by Roshani Chokshi
- I actually have been reading this, but need to finish it up before the year closes. I don’t know why but I struggle with anthologies like this. Doesn’t matter how much I love a series, I just struggle with all of the Novellas at one time.
Wild Card Picks:
- Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
- While I’m really excited to get this book (I finally splurged on the Waterstones edition!!) I also know it could take a bit for this gorgeous book to show up on my doorstep. Here’s to hoping it shows up earlier than I’m expecting!
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
***I do not own the book picture used*****