We all have read books with romance and a couple that makes the entire series, and with it being February I thought I’d share a few of my favorite fictional couples. Since it is going into couples from some pretty well-known series, there will be spoilers ahead.
- Will & Tessa (or any other couple from Cassandra Clare)
- It started with Jace and Clary in the Mortal Instruments, but when I read the Infernal Devices Will and Tessa became one of my favorite couples overall. I think the best way to sum it up is a combo of Will being my favorite, their mutual love of books, and the way the two are there for each other, but the fact that their story manages to touch even more of the world? This is like the unforgettable couple for me in the Shadowhunters’ world. It was a heart-aching struggle with Will, but so these two are worth the pain.
- Rhysand & Feyre
- If you’ve read the A Court of Thorns and Roses series you know that the second book gives serious whiplash as we all went from team Tamlin to team Rhys and didn’t look back. From that point on, A Court of Mist and Fury became my favorite of the series as Feyre fully realizes her power, and we finally see Rhys for who he truly is. Once these two got together it was like Tamlin who? I’m still waiting on my copy of A Court of Silver Flames to arrive, but I’m super excited to get more of these two even if they aren’t the main focus of the book. I also got the Barnes & Noble edition, which has an extra scene with them, so I’m all set to continue loving this couple.
- Audrey Rose & Thomas
- I was turned off the Stalking Jack the Ripper series at first since I tend to get squeamish and the first book literally starts with her working with her uncle over a dead body. Not the best start for someone who always squirmed during those kinds of scenes in cop or doctor tv shows. The main characters of this series though, Audrey Rose and Thomas Cresswell make the best detectives, friends, and then couple. This series would not have been nearly as good without this amazing duo solving the crimes set before them.
- Jude & Cardan
- The one enemies to lovers couple on this list, this series and couple was a wild ride of emotions, and possibly one of the few real enemies to lovers books that ends up on lists from what I’ve seen. There are a lot of books thrown around for being a part of this trope, but very few seem as perfect a fit as this couple is. From the very beginning the two pit themselves against each other, and even as they start to realize there’s an attraction beyond the hatred the two are just confused and driven crazy by that. I recently reread the series, and I inhaled these books possibly faster than I originally had read them, and it’s genuinely thanks to these two.
- Percy & Annabeth
- My OG of the couples, I originally jumped on board the Percabeth train when I first read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series in middle school. The series had me sold on the Greek mythology woven in with the modern world, pop-culture references, and the very dysfunctional Percy. Percy is the heart and soul for me when it comes to these books, and his relationship with Annabeth was always fun to read. When we hit Heroes of Olympus though? These two still made me laugh, but there were also a lot more moments where they really shined as a couple. This was like middle school Lauren finally got everything she had been unknowingly been waiting for.
What are some couples that really made a series for you? Let me know in the comments below!