2021 was a bit of a messy year for me in terms of reading and focus. I had some really good moments/memories like going on a road trip with my best friend and getting back into art. Reading though was a real challenge for me mentally and definitely not a struggle I want to continue having in 2022. Sometimes it’s not something you can help, but in this case I think there are a few things I can do to at least help myself.
- Read 30 Books (This is just the main reading challenge goal, but it’s worth repeating and hoping that maybe I can go past that)
- Read more Fantasy / Sci-Fi
- Don’t be deterred by larger books
- Don’t be focused on quantity over quality
- Reduce phone / screen time – at least the unfocused portion needs to be ditched this year in order to to not only be more productive, but feel more productive
- Be better at posting book reviews, and writing them sooner
- Catch up on book reviews on goodreads – I just realized there are a number of reviews I never shared on there; it was a truly horrifying moment.
- Ditch Twitter – I’ve actually avoided twitter since I never got traction there, and it typically seems to start arguments/feuds rather than actual conversations. It’s not my favorite social, and doesn’t bring people to the blog anymore, so time to go. I’d like to do the same to Facebook, but they unfortunately forever linked that to Instagram if you want a business account with insights.
Some are easier goals than others but altogether I’m looking forward to seeing how I do this year with my reading and this blog! What goals are you setting in 2022? Let me know in the comments below!